Friday, June 22, 2012

hello world... meet hannah!

i can feel it.
feel too much of me.
the mirrors that all reflect
me back.
the boundaries of myself;
to tightly kept.
if only a key to 
my land; locked
a key to open,
release.
free me to the ocean edge.
the edge where it stops
being me and begins being
the wild open expanse of
everything; nothing,
freedom.
the misty salt breeze of tears
released.
and wind that whips hair 
and hold my breath.
until finally, finally,
the locked door of myself is
opened to the feeling of 
being a part of again.

-hannah stone, landlocked version2


word are something that i struggle with. it's one of the main reasons i struggle blogging. i want perfection, and can rewrite two sentences for hours... it's seriously pathetic!... enter hannah. she's a former bride and dear friend. she has been a source of encouragement through my joys and struggles with motherhood. she is a word master. at one point we had discussed some collaboration projects, but sadly life got in the way. so it was exciting one day when i open up my email to see a sweet message from her, and a poem she thought would be appropriate for one of my couples. that got me thinking. when the perfect images are married with the perfect words... magic happens. so i asked if she would mind if i published some of her works with my weddings.... and she said yes! so over this wedding season you will be treated to beautifully composed words. i hope you enjoy!

about hannah, as told by hannah...
i've always loved to write. i love how simple word are, black and white on a page. and yet they can take you so many places, make you feel so many things. i don't ever set out to write a poem. they just sort of happen. there is always a word or an image, thought or idea, that gets stuck in my head rattles around and won't stop until i write it out. writing is the only way i know how to understand what i am thinking and feeling inside myself. and sometimes when i stop and put down my pen, read what i just wrote, i'm surprised by what i read. the honestly look inside. it's like therapy! read more from and about hannah on her blog at writethelight.com

No comments: